JDB Engineering, Inc. (JDBE) is a professionally-owned award-winning consulting and engineering firm providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, lighting, structural, civil, process, and industrial services to a variety of private and public clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Founded in 1981, JDBE has established a reputation of customer satisfaction through competent, timely, and cost effective solutions. As one of the only firms of our kind in the Central Pennsylvania/Northern Maryland region, JDBE is continually enhancing our capabilities in order to better serve our clients through increases in productivity and integration of new services.
With a depth of staff in all disciplines, we are able to develop complementary services that are not typically offered by engineering firms, including HVAC testing and balancing, electrical testing, and systems commissioning, among others.
Annually, a minimum of 80% of our workload is contracted with repeat clients. As an extension of our clients’ operations, we become partners in a mutually-beneficial relationship. All projects are of equal importance, from small studies to design of large multi-million dollar facilities.
Over sixty percent of our total staff hold professional licenses and/or certifications in their disciplines, while seventy percent hold college degrees. The average experience level of our licensed professionals is eighteen years. These figures benefit our clients, who have a team of experienced professionals working on their projects, no matter what the size. Additionally, we are able to handle multiple large projects concurrently due to the depth of professionals in all disciplines.
Geographically, our primary target market is the mid-Atlantic region, though in recent years we have expanded our boundaries as evidenced by projects in over 20 states.
Our corporate headquarters are located in a renovated 19th Century barn in York, Pennsylvania, with a second office in Hunt Valley, Maryland. As a consulting and design firm, we are committed to Engineering the Built Environment to Sustain the Natural Environment.
Careon J. Gohn, PE, is president of JDB Engineering. He has been with the firm since 1985 and has served as president since 1997. The executive team also includes Thomas E. Leary, PE, vice president and director of operations; Douglas K. Shively, PE, ICC, vice president and project manager; Timothy A. Warren, PE, LEED AP, vice president and regional manager of MD operations; and Scott D. Butcher, CPSM, vice president and director of business development. JDB Engineering’s staff includes 14 licensed Professional Engineers. Staff members have obtained the following professional licenses and certifications:
- Licensed Mechanical Engineers
- Licensed Electrical Engineers
- Licensed Civil Engineers
- Licensed Structural Engineers
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
- Registered Landscape Architect
- LEED Accredited Professionals
- LEED Green Associates
- Certified Engineers-In-Training
- Certified Construction Specifiers
- Certified Construction Document Technologists
- Certified Environmental Specialists
- Certified Environmental Investigators
- Certified in Radon Measurement Proficiency
- Certified ICC Accessibility Inspector
- Certified ICC Building Plans Examiner
- Certified ICC Plumbing Plans Examiner
- Certified ICC Electrical Plan Examiner
- Certified ICC Energy Plans Examiner
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator
- ASHE Healthcare Construction Certification
- Certified Professional Services Marketer